Instructions for Authors
1) Download the submission template.
2) In order to accelerate publication, submit the original document in this template.
3) The .DOC files should not contain the names or affiliations of any of the authors of the article.
4) The text should be typed into the Microsoft Word program, font Times New Roman size 12, 1.5 line spacing, A4 page, justified alignment, and paragraphs with 1.25 cm input. The articles must have up to 43 pages.
5) The text structure shall conform the sequence as follow: title; abstract (between 800 and 1000 characters with space); five keywords duly separated by a comma (,); title in English; abstract and keywords; title in Spanish, abstract and keywords and text. The text must have an introduction and a conclusion (not numbered) and due items and subitems of the work development.
6) The references (only works cited in the text) should come at the end of the text within a specific item of REFERENCES (with this name) and it cannot be numbered. It is worth reminding you of the fact that every author/work cited must be fully informed in this item. Please, use the same font in it, with single line spacing and distance of two lines between the authors.
7) The footnotes should contain only comments and observations of the authors and should be in font 10, Times New Roman, single spacing.
8) Foreign words, technical or featured terms must be in italics. Use quotation marks only for direct quotes.
9) Citations with less than 4 lines should come in the body of the text, between quotation marks, without italics. Citations with more than four lines should be highlighted in a text block with a 4 cm indent on the left in font size 11, without quotation marks.
10) It is mandatory to follow ABNT norms in REFERENCES. It is also essential to cite the year, local and the page in case of direct references. If this information is not available, please place s/l (sin loco), s/d (sin data) and s/p (sin pagina). Electronic documents are not required to contain the page even in direct quotes. However, in case you have such documents, we recommend adding them.
11) In case of book citations, please follow the template below:
MISES, Ludwig von. Human Action: A Treatise on Economics. Trad. Donald Stewart Jr. São Paulo: Ludwig von Mises Institute Brazil, 3rd Ed., 2010.
12) In case of articles in academic journals, please follow the model below:
MISES, Ludwig von. Some Observations on Praxeology. MISES: Interdisciplinary Journal of Philosophy, Law and Economics, Vol. I, No. 1 (Jan.-Jun. 2013): p. 21-26.
13) The citation of an article and / or magazine article or bulletin in electronic means, please follow the example below:
MISES, Ludwig von. The Austrian Theory of Economic Cycles. Published by the Ludwig von Mises Institute Brazil on August 27, 2008. Available at: <http://www.mises.org.br/Article.aspx?id=149>. Accessed on: March 23, 2013.
14) In case of Figures, Graphs and Tables
Figures should have the highest resolution possible with a minimum resolution of 300 dpi.
For both Figures and Graphs and Tables, the title should be inserted on the top, with Arabic numeral, centered, indent and title, font size 12, in bold; in the lower part, the font (reference to the document from where the information / data were extracted) should be 10, centered.
15) After completing the text, appendices, attachments and acknowledgments can be inserted. Acknowledgments are used to refer to any grant or financial aid institution for the research. Additional material should be placed in Appendices, which are accepted in this journal.
16) During the manuscript submission process until the article is published, the authorship identification is information restricted to the Editors, and it should be included only in the author's registration field, during the electronic submission.
17) Choose the most appropriate section for your article. Section policy can be accessed here.
18) Submissions pass through plagiarism detector system
To avoid plagiarism, authors should be aware of the recommendations as follows:
- Paraphrasing: express the idea with your own words. Make sure not to make a literal copy of more than two words in a text line. If you use longer sentences, use quotation marks.
- Citations: follow the ABNT style formatting guidelines. It involves adding the names of the authors and the date of publication or similar information. It may constitute plagiarism in case of not citing it correctly. When citing a source, use the phrase exactly as it appears in the original text.
- Making reference to a citation: this practice does not need the use of apud as the citation is within the work of another author. Attention when informing the page, year and both involved authors (the one cited and the one citing).
- Self-citation: the authors should self-cite when citing their own previously published ideas. Using previously published material without proper reference constitutes self-plagiarism.
19) After the approval of the work, the article will be kept for review where further clarifications and adjustments may be required.